1-20 of 20 images in this category.

Related images:

In 1883 the LaCamas Colony Company selected the townsite of LaCamas for their new paper mill. Mr. Henry L. Pittock, the owner of the Oregonian newspaper of Portland needed plenty of water to power paper-making machines for his newspaper and found it in the lakes behind the LaCamas region.

The name "LaCamas" originated from the Camas roots used by the Indians for food" as written in a letter dated April 1909 by Mr. H. MacMaster, Councilman."